The purpose of this service is simply to implement recommended changes to a website to help it load faster for users visiting it.
Often websites are delivered to clients with slow loading speeds. This is common where popular CMS's are used for building a website. Websites with slow loading speeds create a poor user experience for their visitors. It is also a ranking signal for SEO, the faster the loading speed the better the SEO will work.
This service uses the web development tool offered by Google to measure your website’s site speed, then implements the suggested improvements in the results to improve page speed.
This is a single project service. Once the page speed has been improved to an acceptable level, the project is completed. As all websites are different, we quote each project separately. Please request a quote if this service is something you require.
We provide reporting at the start and end of the project illustrating Google’s measurement of the improvements in the loading speed of the website.
Site Speed Improvement - Is Working When:
How it works - The 7-step process
1. Start the Site Speed Test
2. Record both the Desktop and Mobile results
3. Undertake the suggested improvements output provided by the test in order of what we see as priority, which will be a combination of the things we believe will have the biggest impact combined with ease of implementation.
4.Wait for a few days for the changes to settle
5. Repeat the site speed test and review the results
6. Repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until an acceptable site speed is achieved
7. Report the results, including the achieved site speed (with a screenshot of the test) plus a list of the improvements undertaken.
This is a once-off website performance improvement service. It is not a marketing campaign. Implemented and completed correctly, site speed improvement should help with SEO, but please note that this is not an SEO campaign. Clients should not have the expectation that this service alone will improve rankings. A successful site speed improvement campaign should also improve the user's experience on the website, but please note that this is not a conversion optimisation service. So please note that this service will not improve leads or sales on its own.